The Compass XR Installation and Testing Tool is expected to launch in 2023.
The Cel-Fi Compass XR is the next generation of Cel-Fi scanning tools used to perform site surveys, commission systems during installation, aim outdoor antennas, and verify system performance for both Cellular and Public Safety systems. This new version is smaller and lighter than the original Compass, adds support for 5G NR, and expands the frequency range from 617 Mhz up to 5,000 MHz.
The Cel-Fi Compass is a deep 3G/4G LTE service scanner that works on all 698 – 2700 MHz frequency bands. It is a battery-powered unit with a rugged rubberized exo-skeleton. It offers FDD/TDD support. The Compass has SMA connectors.
The Compass uses a a SIM card and connects to the internet. It allows integrators to install and optimize a Cel-Fi installation (including the QUATRA 4000) without the need for local internet connectivity. Users can set up a QUATRA system, update software, and change IP and antenna settings using the Compass and WAVE PRO app.
User Interface - Cel-Fi WAVE PRO
The Compass is controlled by the Cel-Fi WAVE PRO app via Bluetooth Low Energy. The unit can also connect via Ethernet to a Cel-FI QUATRA Network Unit. The WAVE app is free to download on iOS and Android.
When connected to a Cel-Fi QUATRA, users can
- Activate/Deactivate the system
- Update software
- Change Antenna Settings
- Set frequency bands to relay
- Change IP Settings
Integrators can also optimize installation via:
- Antenna Position test (when connected to a Directional Antenna with the Cel-Fi Antenna Mount)
- Full Signal Report (when connected to an Antenna)
- Serving Cell Report (when connected to an Antenna)
- Speed Test
Frequencies and Technologies Supported:
- 5G NR on bands: n1/n2/n3/n5/n7/n8/n12/n20/n25/n28/n38/n40/n41/n48/n66/n71/n77/n78/n79
- 4G LTE FDD on bands: B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B12/B13/B14/B18/B19/B20/B25/B26/B28/B29/B30/B32/B66/B71
- 4G LTE TDD on bands: B34/B38/B39/B40/B41/B42/B43/B48
- LMR on 758-775 / 851-861 MHz
- CBRS on 3550 – 3700 MHz, enabled in a future software release
- Cel-Fi Compass XR
- Soft Case with integrated sling and belt clip
- SMA Female to N-Male 2 Meter Jumper Cable
- N-Female to N-Female Barrel Connector
- N-Female to QMA Female Adapter
- N-Female to 4.3-10 Female Adapter
- 3 x A21-ML3-600 - 5G NR / UHF 410-5925 MHz Antennas
- 5V, 3.2A USB-C Charger with 1 meter cable and global plug adapters