The Cel-Fi QUATRA is a powerful enterprise-level in-building cellular distributed antenna system. It is a cost-efficient and easy-to-deploy signal solution for buildings up to 200,000 sq ft. The QUATRA 1000 FN boosts 3G/4G/LTE voice and data for FirstNet only.
The QUATRA is a hybrid solution that combines the best of active DAS and Smart Booster technologies. It is self-configuring and self-optimizing, with the the Cel-Fi WAVE Portal making installation and configuration simple for IT professionals.
The Cel-Fi WAVE Platform is a cloud-based remote management platform that enables device management and maintenance of Cel-Fi QUATRA systems. Key features of the WAVE platform include:
- Cel-Fi device and asset management
- Data modeling and reporting
- Mobile and desktop applications. The WAVE mobile app facilitates ease of use on site
- Globally trusted carrier-grade security
- Alerts and alarms can be used as recommended settings or customized however users prefer.
- The WAVE Platform portal can be accessed through the dashboard interface, or integrated via APIs.
The QUATRA 1000 FN is based on the same hardware that makes the original Cel-Fi QUATRA so popular! It is scalable and configurable up to 200,000 sq ft.
What is FirstNet?
FirstNet is a new network being rolled out for emergency communications. Not all areas and buildings have good cellular signal, due to building materials or remote locations. Remote Communication Kits are now a standard tool for emergency service personnel. FirstNet is a high-speed, nationwide wireless broadband network with dedicated bands for public safety agencies and first responders.
Where buildings are transitioning to FirstNet, the Cel-Fi QUATRA 1000 FN can work alongside existing legacy equipment, to ensure FirstNet service is available at the point of transition.
Off-Air Smart Booster Configuration
The QUATRA 1000 FN is configured for an off-air donor signal. This means it uses capacity from the cell network’s existing coverage, extending it indoors where it is needed. This deployment uses an external "donor" antenna, connected to the QUATRA’s Network Unit to access a good donor signal.
QUATRA 1000 FN vs GO RED vs QUATRA RED
Cel-Fi has a number of options for providing improved coverage for FirstNet and ERRCS. All of Cel-Fi's systems offer 100 dB of gain.
There are a few main differences between each of these options:
- The Cel-Fi QUATRA 1000 FN is a commercial or enterprise grade "Hybrid DAS" that can provide coverage up to 200,000 sq ft. If you need to FirstNet coverage in a large building, the QUATRA 1000 FN is the right system for the job.
- The Cel-Fi GO RED is designed for smaller deployments to provide improved FirstNet coverage in buildings up to 15,000 sq ft.
- The Cel-Fi QUATRA RED is a similar booster to the 1000 FN, but supports all ERRCS frequencies, and is a full-scale public safety DAS for NFPA/ICF requirements, as well as FirstNet.
If you're unsure about which system is best suited to your needs, feel free to reach out to our team of signal specialists.
QUATRA Network Unit (NU)
The Cel-Fi QUATRA 1000 FN Network Unit (NU) is the hub of the system. The NU provides donor signal to the Cel-Fi QUATRA System and power to up to four Coverage Units, to provide up to 50,000 sq ft. of coverage each. It can be managed by the WAVE Cloud Platform for Remote Monitoring.
QUATRA Coverage Unit (CU)
The Cel-Fi QUATRA Coverage Unit (CU) is the remote radio head of the system that rebroadcasts the donor signal. Each CU provides coverage in the QUATRA system (up to four per Network Unit). Each CU is powered by Power-Over-Ethernet (POE) from the Network Unit
QUATRA Range Extender (QRE)
The Cel-Fi QUATRA Range Extender extends the maximum distance between the NU and the CU. It allows NU-to-CU cable lengths of up to 200 meters (650 ft.) The QRE is a Power over Ethernet (PoE) device (no separate power supply or PoE injector needed).
All Cel-Fi by Nexitivity products include a 2-Year Warranty.