If you're using a signal booster to Improve 4G LTE & 5G Data Speeds on your devices, using a MIMO system can further increase your data speeds by around 30%!
Your devices and the cell tower you're connecting to use multiple antennas, in a configuration called “Multiple Input Multiple Output,” (or MIMO) to increase bandwidth. Most signal boosters are "Single Input Single Output" only, and thus cut your max data rates by around 30%.
The first-of-it's-kind Cel-Fi GO X MIMO Kit uses two boosters in parallel to provide a boosted MIMO signal and help you achieve the best possible data rates.
Powered by the Cel-Fi GO X
Cel-Fi's industry-leading 100dB gain GO X is different from the majority of other boosters we sell in 3 ways:
- The GO X offers up to 100 dB gain. Making it up to 1000x more powerful than any other consumer-grade signal booster.
- The Go X is a single-carrier device and will amplify signal for one carrier at a time.
- The Go X is NEMA 4 weather-resistant and can be installed outdoors.
The extra 30 dB gain makes the Cel-Fi GO X the best solution for buildings where outdoor coverage is weak (less than 3 bars or -80 dBm RSRP).
Please note that the MIMO Cel-Fi GO X system can only boost signal for one network at a time. If you have users on multiple networks in your building, you may need a multi-carrier booster.
The Cel-Fi GO X can boost the following bands:
- AT&T bands: B2, B4, B5, B12
- Verizon bands: B2, B4, B5, B13
- T-Mobile bands: B2, B4, B5, B12
Cel-Fi WAVE Mobile App
The GO X can be optimized and monitored by the Cel-Fi WAVE application for iOS and Android devices.
Cel-Fi's WAVE app allows you to connect to the device over bluetooth and see detailed diagnostics, including signal strength (RSRP), gain, bandwidth, and signal quality (SINR).
5G DSS Upgrade
With various forms of 5G rolling out across carriers, 5G support is increasingly important!
The Cel-Fi GO X is the only consumer-grade signal booster capable of relaying 5G-DSS at 100 dB of gain.
Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS) is used by some carriers to transmit 4G LTE and 5G in a single “hybrid” channel. 5G DSS Support on the GO X is enabled by a software update. Once updated, the GO X is capable of automatically connecting to existing 5G DSS bands.
As with all signal booster kits, the coverage area of the Cel-Fi unit depends on two factors:
- The number of indoor antennas you pair it with
- The signal strength at the location where the outdoor "donor" antenna is installed.
Up to 15,000 sq ft coverage is possible in an open area by utilizing 4 indoor antennas. In a typical home or office environment, up to around 3,000 sq ft coverage is possible from a single indoor antenna. Read more below under "How many antennas do I need?"
Picking The Right Kit
We have our own guide to setting up the MIMO Cel-Fi GO X available here. It discusses in depth some of the most common troubleshooting issues we've seen customers face.
We've put together standard kits that you can purchase to install the MIMO Cel-Fi Go X, but we can also customize a kit for your building. Simply contact us and one of our signal experts will put together a custom kit specifically for your building.
How many indoor antennas do I need?
In general, the more antennas you have, the larger the coverage area of the system. Signal passes through cables much more easily than through walls and even through the air, so adding more antennas helps expand the coverage of your booster.
As a rule of thumb, we recommend installing one antenna for every 750 sq ft to 1000 sq ft of space in a typical home or office environment that is subdivided into smaller spaces. If the environment is more open, such as in a warehouse or open office floor, you can install one antenna for every 1,500 to 2,000 sq ft.
Which indoor antenna should I get?
We've packaged the MIMO Cel-Fi GO X Kit with two different kinds of indoor antennas: a MIMO Ultra-Flat Dome Antenna and a MIMO Panel Antenna.
Standard Dome Antenna
The MIMO Ultra-Flat Dome Antenna needs to be installed on the ceiling. It is best for single-story buildings where you have access to a loft or crawl space, or for office buildings with ceiling tiles. A dome antenna's cable comes out of the back of the antenna, so you must have access to the other side of the ceiling to install it.
Dome antennas spread signal in all directions and should be installed central to the building to provide even coverage.
The MIMO Panel Antenna has a narrower "beamwidth" - meaning that it directs signal in one direction.
Panel antennas can be installed on a wall, which is easier in some environments. A panel antenna's cable comes out the bottom of the device, making it easier to install without requiring access to the interior of the wall.
Dome antenna radiation pattern:
Panel antenna radiation pattern:
- 2x Cel-Fi Go X Amplifiers
- 2x Power Supplies (15 Volt, 1.5 Amp)
- Quick Start Guide
- Installation Guide
- 1x Cross-Polarized 600-2700 MHz MIMO Outdoor Panel Antenna
- 1x, 2x, 3x, or 4x Cross-Polarized MIMO Indoor Panel Antenna or 1x MIMO Ultra-Flat Dome Antenna (depending on which kit you select)
- 1x 30 ft Twin-RS240 N-Male to SMA-Male Coaxial Cable
- 2x 30 ft RS400 N-Male to SMA-Male Coaxial Cable
- 2x N-Female to SMA-Male Pigtail Adapter
- 2x 50 Ohm N-Type Lightning Surge Protector Kits
- 1x Universal J-Mount Antenna Mount
If you order a kit with more than 1 indoor antenna, we also include:
- 2x N-Female Signal Splitter (2-Way, 3-Way, or 4-Way, depending on which kit you select)
- 2x 1 ft RS200 N-Male Ultraflex Jumper Cable
- 2x, 4x or 6x (in addition to the existing 2x) 30 ft RS400 N-Male to SMA-Male Coaxial Cable (quantity depends on the number of antennas)
Cel-Fi warranties the GO X for 2 years, and Waveform warranties all of our antennas and RF components for 3 years.
Read more about Cel-Fi and Waveform's warranty policies here.